Join a global community of student leaders who are leading change in higher education.
- Actively enrolled: students from all majors who have at least two more years left on campus; undergraduate, graduate and post-docs will be considered. We strongly discourage applicants who will graduate the year they are trained, or who plan to study abroad during their training year.
- Action oriented: students who possess a great attitude, strong listening skills and exceptional execution abilities.
- Respected by friends and classmates: candidates who can inspire peers and recruit/manage/empower a team of volunteers.
- Insightful and mature: students who can develop a rapport with faculty and institutional leadership, build support and form coalitions.
- Strategic thinkers: students who understand that change in academia is not easy, but possesses the persistence, perseverance and willingness to set up systems that will continue even after they graduate.
- All ’round cool individual: candidates who the other University Innovation Fellows would want to have in their network as peers, friends and potential collaborators.