Faculty Innovation Fellows Program
The Faculty Innovation Fellows Program is a two-year experience designed to help faculty and staff expand the innovation and entrepreneurship movement at their schools. Faculty Innovation Fellows work both in collaboration with their student University Innovation Fellows and on their own to design ways to improve their institutions. They connect with a community of like-minded educators from around the world to advance projects, gather feedback, and share what they learn.
About the program
At the UIF Alps Meetup in Austria in February 2020, Faculty Champions in attendance expressed a desire to be part of a community of other faculty to learn how to harness the UIF movement on campus, share best practices and cultivate projects of their own that advanced the innovation ecosystems in their communities. To meet their needs, we launched this program in Fall 2020 with 20 educators from 16 international universities.
What Faculty Innovation Fellows do
Candidates in the program collaborate with one another to learn new change strategies, develop projects, gather feedback on ideas, and share resources. Since the program’s launch, candidates have been meeting in small groups to share the opportunities for change they identified as well as ideas for projects that can make the most impact for students at their schools. Candidates’ proposed projects include funding programs, new majors, new classes, activities that connect the campus and the community, and more.
Four long-standing members of the Faculty Champion community will provide mentorship to the group of candidates: Nick Swayne of James Madison University, Mary Raber of Michigan Tech, Miriam Iliohan of the University of Twente, and Ilya Avdeev of University of Wisconsin Milwaukee.
Those who complete the program will be launched as Faculty Innovation Fellows in March 2022.
This is an offering exclusive to Faculty Champions at institutions with one or more student(s) enrolled in the Fall 2020 University Innovation Fellows Program. There is no charge for the Faculty Innovation Fellows Program beyond the prerequisite of having an enrolled student cohort of University Innovation Fellows for Fall 2020.
The 2020-2022 Faculty Innovation Fellows candidates
- Oguzhan Aygoren, Bogazici University
- Mirna Mattjik, Colorado School of Mines
- Alyssa Martina, Elon University
- Bozena Mierzejewska , Fordham University
- Malte Krohn, Hamburg University of Technology
- Luise Degen, Hamburg University of Technology
- Zeynep Erden Bayazit, İstanbul Technical University
- Nicholas Ooi, Lingnan University
- Balaji Ramanujam, Madanapalle Institute of Technology & Science
- Vijaya Lakshmi Udayagiri, Madanapalle Institute of Technology & Science
- Bruce Paton, Menlo College
- Lisa Casper, Michigan Technological University
- Danuvasin Charoen, National Institute of Development Administration
- Jongsawas Chongwatpol, National Institute of Development Administration
- Rishelle Wimmer, Salzburg University of Applied Science
- Tom Grundnigg, Salzburg University of Applied Science
- Magdalena Ionescu, Sophia University
- Charles M. Wood, The University of Tulsa
- John Fernando Fontaine Nesmachnow, Universidad Tecnológica del Uruguay
- Jeff Chamberlain, University of North Florida
- Darren DeFrain, Wichita State University
Contact Humera Fasihuddin at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to get involved. While we’re not actively taking applications for the Fall 2020 cohort, we’d love to talk about ways to support you in your change efforts!