Faculty Innovation Fellows Program
The Faculty Innovation Fellows Program is a two-year experience designed to help faculty and staff expand the innovation and entrepreneurship movement at their schools. Faculty Innovation Fellows work both in collaboration with their student University Innovation Fellows and on their own to design ways to improve their institutions. They connect with a community of like-minded educators from around the world to advance projects, gather feedback, and share what they learn.
About the program
At the UIF Alps Meetup in Austria in February 2020, Faculty Champions in attendance expressed a desire to be part of a community of other faculty to learn how to harness the UIF movement on campus, share best practices and cultivate projects of their own that advanced the innovation ecosystems in their communities. To meet their needs, we launched this program in Fall 2020 with 20 educators from 16 international universities. The Fall 2021 cohort launched with 20 educators from 14 campuses.
This is an offering exclusive to Faculty Champions at institutions with one or more students in the current cohort of University Innovation Fellows. There is no charge for the Faculty Innovation Fellows Program beyond the prerequisite of having an enrolled student cohort of Fellows.
Four long-standing members of the Faculty Champion community will provide mentorship to the group of candidates: Nick Swayne of James Madison University, Mary Raber of Michigan Tech, Miriam Iliohan of the University of Twente, and Ilya Avdeev of University of Wisconsin Milwaukee.
Learn more about the program in an article written by the four program mentors in our program’s new Change Forward journal.
What Faculty Innovation Fellows do
Candidates in the program collaborate with one another to learn new change strategies, develop projects, gather feedback on ideas, and share resources. Since the program’s launch, candidates have been meeting in small groups to share the opportunities for change they identified as well as ideas for projects that can make the most impact for students at their schools. Candidates’ proposed projects include funding programs, new majors, new classes, activities that connect the campus and the community, and more.
Additionally, each member of the program will have the opportunity to publish an article in the UIF journal, Change Forward, detailing their project and their progress. Read the journal online.
2020-2022 Faculty Innovation Fellows
- Oguzhan Aygoren, Bogazici University
- Mirna Mattjik, Colorado School of Mines
- Alyssa Martina, Elon University
- Bozena Mierzejewska , Fordham University
- Malte Krohn, Hamburg University of Technology
- Luise Degen, Hamburg University of Technology
- Zeynep Erden Bayazit, İstanbul Technical University
- Nicholas Ooi, Lingnan University
- Balaji Ramanujam, Madanapalle Institute of Technology & Science
- Vijaya Lakshmi Udayagiri, Madanapalle Institute of Technology & Science
- Bruce Paton, Menlo College
- Lisa Casper, Michigan Technological University
- Danuvasin Charoen, National Institute of Development Administration
- Jongsawas Chongwatpol, National Institute of Development Administration
- Rishelle Wimmer, Salzburg University of Applied Science
- Tom Grundnigg, Salzburg University of Applied Science
- Magdalena Ionescu, Sophia University
- Charles M. Wood, The University of Tulsa
- John Fernando Fontaine Nesmachnow, Universidad Tecnológica del Uruguay
- Jeff Chamberlain, University of North Florida
- Darren DeFrain, Wichita State University
2021-2023 Faculty Innovation Fellows candidates
- Erica Noelle Hernandez, Bowie State University
- Julie Ann Messing, Central Michigan University
- Kelle Kathleen DeBoth, Cleveland State University
- Nicholas Zingale, Cleveland State University
- Abdul Munif, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember
- Melanie Bowman, Khalifa University of Science and Technology
- Alliya Rose Anderson Khalifa University of Science and Technology
- Jessica Wong Lingnan University
- Bongkot Jenjarrussakul, National Institute of Development Administration
- Chanansara Oranop na ayutthaya, National Institute of Development Administration
- Michael Dominik, Rowan University
- Sunita Kramer, Rutgers University
- Stephane Yu Matsushita, Tohoku University
- Takeshi Kato, Tohoku University
- Felipe Wilson, Universidad de los Andes, Chile
- Daniel Flores Bueno, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas
- Jorge Bossio, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas
- Norma Silvana Balarezo, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas
- Magna Guerrero, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas
- Aaron Bradley, University of Cincinnati
- Julieta Matos Castano, University of Twente