Check out the photos, videos, worksheets and other materials from the University Innovation Fellows Eastern Hemisphere Meetup in May 2018.
1 – Reimagining Learning
At CoWrks, we explored different ways of learning, engaging our whole selves, and shaping our environment to foster creative behaviors.
- Six hats and creative teams exercise: Prezi
- Stokes: Activities Deck and Guide
- The Inspiration Walk: Website
- Space – Shaping Behaviors and Creating Culture: Presentation PDF
- Storytelling: Presentation
- Effective Teams: Fostering Psychological Safety Activity
2 – Unconference
When you bring together a group of talented and passionate people (that’s you, Fellows!), an Unconference is a great way to allow conversations to grow organically based on the interests of those in the room.
- Instructions on how to run an Unconference (coming soon!)
3 – Design Challenge
At Google India, Fellows worked with Googlers and applied design thinking to tackle a diversity of opportunities.
- Design Challenge: Presentation
- Define: How Might We worksheet
- Prototype: Improvise prompts
- Prototype: Scenes/Props/Roles prompts
- Article: A Moonshot Approach to Change in Higher Education
- Article: Behaviors of Innovative Entrepreneurs by Dyer et al.
4 – Crash Course
On Day 2, back at CoWrks, you coached a team of participants through brainstorming and prototyping.
- Coach-a-Team: Facilitator’s Guide
- Coach-a-Team How Might We: Prompt 1
- Coach-a-Team How Might We: Prompt 2
- Coach-a-Team How Might We: Prompt 3
- Coach-a-Team How Might We: Prompt 4
4 – Unleashing the power of the UIF movement
Whether you are designing a workshop, a meeting, or a space, keep in mind the needs and motivations of the stakeholders, and intentionally design the flow of activities and the environment. Use the resources here as a guide.
- Designing for engagement: Envision the experience worksheet
- Designing for engagement: Sneaky ‘lil experiments worksheet
- The instructional materials shared above are under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/.
- We are always interested in hearing how you use these resources, so feel free to share stories and comments with firstname.lastname@example.org